The SNiP-it clinic is looking for a career-minded and passionate individual to join our team and help improve the quality of life of companion animals and to help reduce the homeless pet population through spay/neuter. The individual will be responsible providing quality patient care and support all surgical patients as well as assist with the maintenance of preventative health programs while adhering to all medical protocols.
- Promote the humane care and treatment at all times.
- Assist in the pre-op examination of patients.
- Prepare all patients for surgical sterilizations (roughly 25-35 patients per day)
- Monitor patients post-op to ensure appropriate recovery and healing.
- Inoculate patients.
- Ensure cleanliness of office for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease.
- Stay current and research trends pertaining to safe and efficacious medical protocols.
- Assist with post-op rechecks and the ordering of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery.
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible pet ownership.
- Provide high quality service to all clients, volunteers and staff.
- Adhere to goals, objectives, methods and costs necessary to accomplish the mission of the organization.
- Maintain an open door policy and provide direction and support to staff members.
- Meet with Veterinarian monthly to establish and discuss scheduled goals and key objectives.
- Participate in and provide proof of continuing education requirements.
- Ability to work four 10-hour days a week.
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds assisted repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly.
- Certification a plus.
- 1-2 years experience functioning in a surgical environment (high-volume of spay and neuter surgeries a plus).
- High energy and inspirational attitude.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating within all levels of business; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and strong commitment to client service.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ownership mentality.
- Bilingual preferred, not required.
Salary is competitive and based on level of experience.
Position includes medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance and a company match retirement plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about the position.